Generating more customer leads for your business should be something you are doing every day – whether actively or passively. New customer leads are the key to new business and increased revenues for your HVAC, plumbing, or electrical company.
We've put together some lead-generation strategies your business can implement today. Once you have decided on the tactics to implement, sit back and watch the new customer calls roll in.
- Social Media: Ensure you post at least once a week on your social channels at a minimum. If customers stumble upon your Facebook or Instagram and don't see any posts from you in the last month, they may move on to check out another company who has more relevant information. You should share before and after photos, current discounts or promotions, and testimonials. Anything that will entice a customer to contact you and request more information about a particular product or service.
- Content Marketing: Attract customers to your website by writing blog posts that share informative industry information. This can be anything from FAQs to helpful tips for dealing with your water heater or how to properly care for your HVAC system. This type of content helps establish your business as an expert in your industry and pretty soon customers will see that.
- Partnerships: Work with real estate agencies, home builders, or chambers of commerce in your area to establish a mutually beneficial relationship. You can agree to pass on their business information to your customers if they do the same for you. You can also create a referral program with each other and cross-promote to the other business's customer base.
- Vehicle Branding: Think of your service vehicles as mobile billboards. Ensure they are branded with your company name, logo, and contact information easily visible. This is a great way to increase your brand presence and recognition within your community.
- Customer Referrals: Consider starting a customer referral program. If you have an existing customer who refers a family member or friend to you and complete a job, offer the referring customer a discount on their next service. Now, you've secured a new customer and are incenting the other customer to return to your business.
- Online Reviews: Encourage satisfied customers to leave positive reviews after you complete a service. When people use search engines to look for "HVAC, electrical, or plumbing businesses near me" and see positive reviews for your company, they will be more inclined to contact you versus a business that does not have any reviews.
- Customer Testimonials: Another way to utilize your existing customer base is by asking for testimonials. If your customer is willing to give a testimonial, you can offer them credit or a discount on their next service. Put these testimonials on your website, social media posts, and any email marketing you do.
- Online Directory Listings: Make sure your business is listed on popular online directories like Google My Business, Angie's List, HomeAdvisor, and more. These platforms allow you to put your contact information so potential customers can quickly contact you.
Remember that while these strategies can help generate leads, providing excellent customer service and prioritizing customer satisfaction is essential. Positive experiences will often result in repeat business and word-of-mouth referrals, which can be a powerful source of leads.
Track Lead Source in Successware
Another important thing to do is track where your leads are coming from. Successware can help you organize your lead sources with our platform. If you use Successware Connection, lead source can be automatically tracked based on the phone number the customers uses to call your business. Or you can ask the customer on the phone and then log it into the system.
Tracking lead source can help you refine your lead generation strategy by seeing which sources you are getting the most leads from. You can pull reports from Successware that will show where your leads are coming from. If the majority of your leads are coming from social media, you should consider investing more time in your social media strategy. If you have a source that isn’t generating as many leads, consider cutting your spend in that category.
For more information on how Successware can help facilitate lead generation and tracking, contact us today.